The City of Emeryville, Oakland’s Golden Gate Neighbors, City of Oakland and WOBO partnered to bring open streets to San Pablo Avenue and Doyle Street on Saturday, July 12, 2014. Quick links to information below:
Check out the latest updates on this event on facebook
Where is Love Our Neighborhood Day?
- The event will circle Doyle Street and San Pablo Avenue between 65th and 55th Streets. 65th and 55th Streets will also be part of the event route between Doyle and San Pablo. (Map HERE!)
What is Love Our Neighborhood Day?
- The event is NOT a street fair; there will be no vendors with the exception of food trucks and event swag. It’s part of an Open Streets Initiative, Oaklavia, produced by Walk Oakland Bike Oakland to encourage people to play, to move, to exercise on safe, auto-free streets. For just a few hours, participants come out and play, get to know local businesses, community resources and organizations throughout the route.
- This event is created by a core volunteer team of residents from Emeryville and Golden Gate neighbors, SPAGGIA (San Pablo Area Golden Gate Improvement Association), and community advocates from Actual Cafe / Victory Burger, PLACE for Sustainable Living, Revolights.
When is Love Our Neighborhood Day?
- Saturday, July 12, from 11am to 3pm
- Between the hours of 9am and 4pm, auto traffic and street parking WILL NOT be allowed on the event route. However, through traffic is allowed on Stanford and Powell. For those who need access to and out of streets within the event route should use Stanford and Powell.
What will I find on the route?
- Lots of dancing, strolling, bicycling, picnicking, playing on car-free, carefree streets
- Local organizations and businesses who want to share with you what they do
- Artists, performers, crafters who will demonstrate some of their mad skills
Click here to view the growing list of activities in the Love Our Neighborhood Day lineup.
Who is organizing this?
- Community partners from Emeryville and Golden Gate Neighborhood of Oakland, Walk Oakland Bike Oakland
Who is supporting this event?
- Walk Oakland Bike Oakland, City of Emeryville, City of Oakland, and a multitude of generous, creative and passionate private and public sponsors
Who can I contact with questions?
- Please email loveourhood[at]gmail[dot]com
- Or call us 510-550-4802
Want to be involved? Join us using this form.
To make Love Our Neighborhood Day possible, organizers are soliciting sponsors in order to make the event fun and safe. Please consider contributing a meaningful amount to Love Our Neighborhood Day. All contributions are tax deductible. Click here to see what each level of sponsorship offers.