Bike Parking and Free Bike Rentals
- Bike Parking will be provided by East Bay Bicycle Coalition (self-serve, bring a lock) and Oakland Spokes (valet parking)
- Free Bike Rentals (limited) will be provided by Bay Area Bikes. Bring photo ID and credit card. Harrison and 20th St.
East Bay Bike Coalition will be setting up self-park bike racks (not valet) at three locations around the lake (Snow Park, Lake Merritt Blvd bridge, and Lakeshore/1st). If you would like more info about those spots feel free to contact Dave (email@example.com).
By Public Transit
- AC Transit, Lines 1, 1R, 14, 18, 40, 57, 62 (without detours) and, (with detours) 11, 12, 26, and NL
One Way Only
- Parking at Lake Merritt BART station and under Hwy 580 (Grand and MacArthur)
- Limited parking along Bellevue Avenue ($5)
One-day STREET CLOSURES
- Lakeshore Avenue from First Avenue to the new cul-de-sac will be closed in both directions.
- Lakeshore Avenue from El Embarcadero to First Avenue will be closed southbound and reduced to one lane northbound.
- El Embarcadero between Lakeshore and Grand avenues will be closed in both directions.
- Grand Avenue from El Embarcadero to Bellevue Avenue will have only westbound lanes open.
- Grand Avenue between Harrison Street and Bellevue Avenue will be reduced to one eastbound lane.
- Perkins Street, Ellita Avenue and Staten Avenue between Grand and Lake Merritt will be open only for local access.
- Harrison Street’s northbound lanes will be closed from 20th Street to Grand Avenue.
- Lakeside Drive will be closed from 17th Street to the 20th Street/Harrison intersection.
- 20th Street between Harrison and Lakeside Drive will be closed.
- Lakeside Drive between 14th and 17th streets will be reduced to one lane for local access only.
- 17th Street between Madison Street and Lakeside Drive will have two-way traffic for local access only.
Limited pedicabs also available for hire